Sunday, August 31, 2008

My 'Maters





Here is a glimpse from my three tomato plants. My wonderful mother and father planted them for me as well as three yellow squash plants because I have a black thumb when it comes to plants. Well...really my black thumb is because I don't water my plants when the outside temperature is over 80 degrees. Hahahah...

As there is beauty in the beholder (and I am NOT going to "Be Holding" this little guy) some will find this an interesting little catepillar. I took this photo for my father because he gets the heebie-jeebies when ever he sees them. I don't blame him either. But at least you can tell, by the water droplets, that I watered the tomatoes recently.


And then it comes to this little hopper. I think he's cute, look at his little leggies and their striped design. Very retro 80s flashdance legwarmer-esque.




2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yesterday, I picked up one of Ma's dish towels to dry a spot on the counter with, and a pure white cricket fell out!! It was all soft and white because it had just molted, and just laid there on its side on the counter. I was so freaked out I just left it there. It must be ok though, since when I came back an hour later, it was gone.

nat said...

Wow! That's so cool! I didn't know they molted. I was going to write "molded" hahahah...